Call for Submissions
The 2020 SEL Exchange will be held October 14-16, 2020, in the Chicagoland area. The theme of the second annual conference, “Together We Thrive,” emphasizes the power of collective experiences and expertise. Effective, high-quality SEL is grounded in science and involves everyone: district and school leaders, youth and their families, business and community partners, researchers, and policymakers.
The 2020 SEL Exchange Key Messages and ObjectivesKeep these key messages and objectives in mind as you build your submission so that your offering supports a consistent experience for participants throughout the conference.
SEL is grounded in science.
- The growing body of scientific studies and SEL-based research creates a strong foundation for evidence-based programs, strategies, resources, and environments that promote SEL competence.
- Understanding, refining, and engaging in systemic implementation of SEL—across school, out-of-school time, home, and community settings—supports life-long individual success, healthy relationships, and our collective impact.
The objectives of the 2020 SEL Exchange are to:
- Gather leading experts to exchange knowledge on innovations in research, practice, policy, and communication.
- Equip change agents to create better, more equitable outcomes for all children at this pivotal time in history.
- Provide collaborative opportunities for practitioners, scholars, and policymakers to work together on specific challenges.
The 2020 SEL Exchange provides a platform for collaboration across disciplines and perspectives and features diverse views and voices to achieve our ambitious goals. This “from the field, for the field” experience is co-designed with thought leaders and partners to lift up best practices, strategies, and evidence-based practices and programs from around the world. Last year’s inaugural conference resulted in 91% of attendees reporting new knowledge and perspectives on SEL and 93% expressing satisfaction with their new learning, which they can apply to future work.
Submission TypesThere are five types of submissions for sessions at the 2020 SEL Exchange. Entries are welcome from all conference focus area fields (Research, Practice, Policy & Funding, and Communications):
- 90-minute breakout sessions
- “Small Ideas/Big Impact” PechaKucha-style presentations
- Individual research paper presentations
- Poster presentations
- 3-hour extended learning sessions (Pre-conference day)
View the Call for Submissions Guide for more information.
QuestionsIf you have any questions, please contact SELExchange@total-event.com.
Event InformationOctober 14-16*, 2020
Pre-Conference Day: October 13, 2020
Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center Hotel | Schaumburg, IL
*Programming ends at noon on October 16, 2020
Latest UpdatesCall for Exhibitors is now closed.
Call for Submissions is now closed.
Mark Your CalendarsRegistration: Opens Spring 2020
Stay Up to DateSign Up Now
Thank you for your interest in the 2020 SEL Exchange. The original Call for Submissions information stated that notifications of acceptances or regrets would be emailed on Friday, April 3, 2020. However, our overall timeline has been impacted by the pandemic. You will receive an email by the end of May 2020 with the status of your submission. We appreciate your patience.